Friday, October 26, 2012

The Premise of My Return, and a Goodie.

So, since the last time I blogged, life has changed tremendously. We are expecting our first baby, a boy, in just a few short months, the husbandman is gearing up for deployment number two, and I'm a full-time student. The reason for the abrupt return is due to all of the information listed in the preceding sentences. I mean, clearly I'm the first woman in the history of forever that has ever dealt with all three factors at once... right? Right.  (NO.)


Anyhoot. I figure I shall start this off with a deployment "goal" list. Every spouse that has ever gone through deployment has set a list like this for herself/himself. After all, while our men (or women) are off doing their salvation in gargantuan proportions... we need to feel significant too. 

I'll check back next year some time and update exactly where I stand on the goals I have set for myself. 


  1. One care package a month. Should help the whole family out.
  2. Lose all of the baby weight.
  3. To elaborate, train for a 5k (but I really prefer the Color Run which is only 3k)
  4. Finish the pre-requisites for the nursing program, and with A's. I  will allow myself one B.
  5. Grow my hair out to the middle of my back.
  6. Because everyone cares so much about this... successfully breastfeed Nolan for at least 6 months.
  7. And because y'all care so much about this too- be successful at cloth diapering.
  8. Finish the latch hook project I started last deployment.
  9. Learn to shoot a rifle. This chick wants to go hunting next rifle season.
  10. Read at least one classic. I'll even go as far as to say it should be Grapes of Wrath.
  11. Read the rest of Deeanne Gist's books. 
  12. Pay off at least TWO of my school loans.
  13. For good measure... learn the choreography to Thriller, in its entirety.


Yeah. This year is going to be a gem. 

1 comment:

  1. OMG Leslie! Congrats to both of you on the sweet baby boy!

    ReplyDelete