I was asked a question yesterday, and it really made me think. "What are five things/values that you will instill in your children".
1. The body is a temple- cherish it. Too often, I believe parents forget to teach their children the number one most important thing. You only have one body, forever. If you give that body to too many people, or fill up that body with too many bad things, that body won't be very happy with you later in life. So remember you don't have a spare body, and just take care of it.
2. Be kind to humans and animals alike. Be kind to animals, for God so trusted us to take care of them. They don't have a voice, so we must be that voice. Take care of them, they are God's creatures and know no limit on love. Apply the same respect to humans, and life will treat you well.
3. Education is important, use it to your advantage. We were fortunate enough to be born in a country that allows us to become as successful as we so please. Take advantage of that good fortune, and appreciate the education that is available. It will take you far in life, for an enriched brain is among the healthiest.
4. Family is irreplaceable. No matter if the family is blood-born or family that has come into your life in the form of friendship, family cannot be replaced. One hand washes the other, as it should.
5. Take care of the Earth. Take care of our Earth, it was here before you. Without the Earth, you are nothing. Respect it, and it will respect you too. Recycle, Reuse, and Save.
Try seeing things through the eyes of a child, for it will be the first time you see clearly.- Leslie Spurlock